Nobody hates chicken – unless the vegetarians of course. But your family isn’t a vegetarian since you’re here looking for the best casserole recipe chicken you can try. Well, you’re in the right place then. We’re about to share a special recipe of the most mouthwatering chicken casserole. We ensure you nobody can stop eating once you serve this chicken casserole on the table.
Since it is a special recipe, you need to spend more time to get this ready. You will need to spend 15 minutes for the preparation and 45 minutes for the cooking process. Let us start with the ingredients first.
Ingredients for Special Chicken Casserole
- 1 can or 15 ounce of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 can or 15 ounce of black beans, drain them
- ¼ cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheese blend
- 1 package or 7.5 ounce of corn bread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
That’s all ingredients you should gather before you start cooking. Now since the ingredients are all ready, it is time to start cooking.
Steps of Making Most Delicious Chicken Casserole
- Before you start cooking any casserole, always preheat your oven to 190° Celsius or 375° Fahrenheit.
- Get 9×9 inch sized baking dish and grease it.
- Mix your tomato sauce with taco seasoning mix, water, and also chili powder in sauce pan. Turn the stove to medium heat and bring your mixture to simmer.
- Place your skillet on stove with medium heat, pour the vegetable oil and heat it. Then brown both sides of your chicken breast on the skillet. You will need 5 minutes to brown every side of chicken breast.
- Pour your tomato sauce on the chicken, simmer it, and cook the chicken over medium heat. Keep cooking until your chicken is well cooked to the inside. This will need 8 minutes.
- Move your chicken to a bowl and then shred the chicken. Now move the shredded chicken back to tomato sauce. Add cream cheese and black beans, mix them until combined thoroughly.
- Fill the greased baking dish with your chicken mixture and top it with shredded cheese blend.
- Whisk your milk, egg, and corn bread mix in bowl then use it to top your chicken mix, above the shredded cheese blend.
- Bake your chicken casserole until corn bread topping turns brown and your chicken casserole starts bubbling. This will take 30 minutes.
- Pull it from the oven and serve it to your starving family.
Not sure if this casserole recipe chicken is healthy enough for your beloved ones? We’ll show you something interesting below.
Essential Nutrition inside the Creamy Chicken Casserole
This recipe is for 6 servings. In every serving, this chicken casserole contains 487 calories and 19.8 grams of total fat with 9 grams of saturated fat. Cholesterol level contained by this dish is 108 milligrams per serving while the total carbs is 45.9 grams per serving with 6.8 grams of dietary fiber. Chicken casserole also contains 1912 milligrams of sodium per serving.
Besides, this dish will also give you 679 milligrams of potassium, 31.2 grams of protein, 8 grams of sugar, and 8 grams of vitamin C per serving. Each serving of this chicken casserole also offers 301 milligrams of calcium, 4 milligrams of iron, 13 milligrams of niacin, 1 milligram of vitamin B6, and 57 milligrams of magnesium.
Chicken, which is the main ingredient of this meal, is great source of minerals and vitamins. B vitamins produced by this ingredient are excellent in preventing skin disorders and cataracts. The B vitamins will also boost immunity, regulate digestion, eliminate weakness, and improve nervous system. Chicken’s vitamin D is also helping in bone strengthening and calcium absorption.
Chicken also has vitamin A that will help building the eyesight. Chicken’s minerals, like iron, will help forming the hemoglobin, eliminate anemia, and form muscle activity. So many nutrients above make our casserole recipe chicken above perfect for your family. Everyone at home can enjoy the tasty meal while gaining the essential nutrients that will help keeping them healthy.