Children believe that vegetables aren’t interesting and not delicious. You know it is not true. Veggies give your kids lots of nutrients. It can also be tasty too. It all depends on how creative you are in cooking with veggies. Can you really cook something tasty with veggies? Sure you can, as long as you follow our casserole recipe green bean you’ll find down here.
All you need to do is preparing the right ingredients that will help you creating healthy foods with delicious taste. So let us first show you the right ingredients for your kids’ healthy dinner before showing the steps to make green bean casserole.
Ingredients for Healthiest Kids’ Dinner
- 1 can or 10 ½ ounce of mushroom soup in condensed cream or mushroom soup in condensed fat free cream
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 dash of black pepper
- 2 cans or 29 ounces of canned green beans or 1 ½ pounds of fresh green beans or 16 ounces to 20 ounces of frozen green beans
- 1 1/3 cups of French fried onions
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
Yep, that’s all you need to prepare for the most stunning and mouthwatering dinner that attract your kids to consume healthy meals. Now, since you got the entire ingredients, you must follow the steps so you’ll get the meal ready before your kids hit the dining room.
Steps That Lead to Healthiest Dinner Ever
If the ingredients are extremely simple to get and prepare, the making process is even more surprising. Do you think you’re ready to make your kids’ healthiest dinner? Simply scroll down the screen to see the steps.
- As always, preheat your oven first to 175° Celsius or 350° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a big microwaveable bowl and then fill it with your soup and green beans. Mix the soup and green beans well then heat the mixture in microwave. Set the temperature to high and wait for the mixture to warm for about 3 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Add half of the shredded cheddar to the mixture and then heat the mixture again for another three minutes.
- Prepare the casserole dish, and then fill it with heat mixture. Top your green bean casserole with the French fried onions also with the rest of shredded cheddar.
- Bake your green bean casserole in the oven and wait until the cheddar topping melts and onions starts turning brown.
- Voila, the casserole recipe green bean now becomes the healthiest dinner for your children.
Don’t tell me you don’t believe that green bean casserole is healthy for your little ones. Well, then I need to show you what’s inside this dish so that you’ll trust me.
Nutrition Provides by Green Bean Casseroles
Each serving of green bean casserole contains 322 calories and 23.2 grams of total fat with 9 grams of saturated fat. The cholesterol level of each serving is 20 milligrams and the sodium level is 1068 milligrams per serving. Each serving also contains 50 milligrams of potassium and 20.2 grams or total carbs with 2.3 grams of dietary fiber.
Plus, green bean casserole also offers 6.6 grams of protein, 3 grams of sugar, and 1 milligram of vitamin C per serving. Each serving also has 164 milligrams of calcium, 2 milligrams of iron, 1 milligram of niacin, and 7 milligrams of magnesium. Those nutrients are essential for your children. Don’t hesitate to serve this healthy tasty meal for dinner.
Green bean is one of best veggies since it has flavonoids in very high level. The polyphenol antioxidants called flavonoids are usually found in veggies and fruits. It makes green beans able to prevent blood clots to happen in veins and arteries. So green beans are able to reduce the risk of strokes, heart attacks, and cardiovascular diseases. Save your kids by serving more green beans.
So, take your cookbook and pen, write down the casserole recipe green bean above, and start collecting the ingredients. When the ingredients are all gathered on the kitchen countertop, you can start practicing the healthy recipe you have noted. Be more creative with the topping so that your kids believe they’re about to eat something with meat instead of boring but healthy vegetables.