Casserole is everybody’s favorite that can be totally easy to make. This dish can be made of various ingredients. What’s your favorite ingredient for casserole? Sweet potato casserole may be the best for you if you don’t eat meats. But if you’re meat lovers, you must try our casserole recipe tuna. We’regoing to share the recipe below, along with some interesting facts about tuna.
Ingredients You Must Prepare Before Making Tuna Casserole
You will need 15 minutes to prepare all ingredients you need to make tuna casserole. About the
ingredients, below is everything you need to prepare.
- 1 package or 12 ounce of egg noodles
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of green peas
- 2 cans or 5 ounce of mushroom soup in condensed cream
- 2 cans or 5 ounce of tuna, drain it
- ½ can or 4.5 ounce of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of crushed potato chips
That’s it. That’s why you only need 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients of tuna casserole, because
the ingredients are easy to prepare and not too much. Do you think you’re ready for tuna casserole?
Scroll down and you’ll find the steps that guide you to tasty tuna casserole.
Steps You Must Take to Finish Your Tuna Casserole
The entire steps you’ll see below will only take 20 minutes. Get yourself ready so you can get the tuna casserole ready for dinner. Here are the directions.
- Fill your large pot with water and add some salt to the water before you boil it.
- Cook your egg noodles (or the other type of pasta you desire) for 8 minutes to 10 minutes. Or
you can continue cooking until it turns al dente. Drain the pasta
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 220° Celsius or 425° Fahrenheit
- Get the big bowl and use it to mix your noodles with a cup of cheddar cheese, tuna, green
peas, mushrooms, and soup.
- Pour the mixture above into 9×13 inch sized baking dish.
- Top the mixture with potato chips and another cup of cheddar cheese. Can you imagine how
tasty your tuna casserole will be?
- Now, bake your tuna casserole in preheated oven until the cheese becomes bubble (it usually
takes 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
Easy, isn’t it? No need to spend hours to prepare your family a special dinner. But, is this casserole
recipe tuna healthy enough for your family? Keep reading to get the answer.
Nutrition inside Every Serving of Tuna Casserole
The recipe above will give you 6 servings of tuna casserole. Each serving contains 595 calories and 26.1 grams of total fat with 11 grams of saturated fat. Every serving also contains 99 milligrams of cholesterol. Looks like those numbers are too high for each serving of tuna casserole. But each portion of this dish also contains 1061 milligrams of sodium and 602 milligrams of potassium.
Plus, tuna casserole will also give you 58.1 grams of carbs with 3.8 grams of dietary fiber per portion. Each serving also provides 32.1 grams of protein, 5 grams of sugar, 7 milligrams of vitamin C, and 319 milligrams of calcium. This dish will also give you 5 milligrams of iron, 1 milligram of thiamin, 18 milligrams of niacin, and 76 milligrams of magnesium. Still not sure that tuna casserole is healthy?
Tuna is source of various essential nutrients like the omega 3 fatty acid, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and many more nutrients. The omega 3 fatty acid is capable to reduce cholesterol in arteries. This helps your heart to work properly in pumping the blood throughout your body. If your heart is healthy, your body will be healthy as well.
Potassium is also a magnificent nutrient provided by tuna. This nutrient is perfect to lower your blood pressure. When potassium meets omega 3 fatty acid it will bring anti-inflammatory effect to cardiovascular system. Blood pressure will be lowered so the risk of heart attacks and stroke can be lowered too.
So don’t hesitate to add more tuna. And obviously don’t hesitate to try our casserole recipe tuna. This dish is going to bring happiness to your dinner atmosphere and bring healthiness to your family.