Have you been always spending your mealtime with tomato soup? It’s not surprising that soup tomato always become a most people wanted to have, especially when it comes to breakfast, lunch, or even breakfast. It will always be a good option for any season like winter or even cold weather. With only using simple ingredients, you will get the best meal that is not only hearty, but also healthy for your body.
Butter, onion, and tomato are the main ingredients of the soup tomato which is really easy to cook as long as you know what you have to do with it. By understanding what the things you need to do in each step, making a velvety and delicious tomato soup is not the thing that is hard to realize. Let’s find out what the good steps to take by following these main directions on making tomato down below.
Ingredients of Tomato Soup
These are the things you need to prepare before going to cook:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 finely chopped large sweet onion
- 2 minced large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 56 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
The Whole Steps on Cooking Potato Soup
Follow these main directions and make sure you’ve been doing right in each step you take:
- First, try to use a large nonreactive stock pot or people commonly call it Dutch oven
- Begin with heating oil and butter in a medium –low heat
- Put and try to cook onion, then stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes
- Continue to cook with put some garlic into the pot and stir it for about 2 minutes, make sure it’s getting soft but not browned
- Then add some flour and stir to coat onion and garlic at least 2 minutes
- Put some basil and thyme then stir to coast until fragrant in about 2 minutes
- After all the steps you’ve taken, try to put some broth, crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper
- Simmering and stirring until mixed well, then reduce heat to low and continue to cook it for about 30 minutes
- If you like to eat thicker tomato soup, try to season to taste and it’s enough to be served
- But if you want to make it smoother, follow the next step to make a pureed soup
- Try to make your tomato soup cooler, then using blender to puree the soup in small batches
- Make it done with season to taste with additional salt and pepper as much as you want
- Try to garnish with chopped fresh basil, chives, dill, sour cream, or another favorite crumbled
- It’s good to serve warm
Things You Need to Know When Cooking Tomato Soup
Let’s find out some of facts that you need to consider as long as you try to cook tomato soup on your own:
- When you’re trying to cook a soup tomato, it’s good to know that the good utensil you’d better to use is a non-reactive pan.
- If you have no idea what a non-reactive pan before, let us tell you. A non-reactive pan is a pan that will not react chemically with certain foods such as acids that consists in tomato which can create a metallic taste.
- A non-reactive pan includes the utensil which contains of stainless steel, enameled cast iron, glass, or clay.
- It’s better to avoid any aluminum or copper utensils.
- An enameled cast-iron is mostly people use, so it’s really recommended. The stainless steel pots are also a good option to take when you’re trying to make a tomato soups or sauces.
- It’s because the stainless could conduct heat evenly and there is no concern for metallic taste, so it’s really safe to use.
- If you prefer to make a smooth tomato soup, it needs to be pureed. But if you want to eat in a thicker texture, just skip that steps and try to enjoy it.
With only using three main ingredients on cooking soup tomato, you will get a hearty and healthy breakfast which is really easy to make on your own.