Who hadn’t ever tried a vegetable soup? I swear no one going to reject this meal when someone tries to serves it. From the kids, teenage, or even the old-age loves this kind of tasty and healthy food. Vegetable soup has become one of the most popular meals due to its healthiness and easiness to serve, so that’s why all the people try to look for the best soup vegetables recipe that can be easily made.
Vegetables soup is not only about the taste, but it’s also containing of much nutrients from the healthy ingredients that mixed and blended inside. Though this kind of soup is really easy to make, but it’s not that bad if we try to look into the taste. Just need some chopping and simmering, you’ll get a soup that your family will love. So, begin to prepare all the ingredients and utensils you need then follow our lead.
Why Does Vegetable Soup Become a Favorite Meal?
Making a tasty home-made vegetable soup tastes like the restaurants’ cuisine is not that difficult as you think. If you know what are the ingredients you need, the utensils that used, and the right steps with a little tricks and tips to do, you will serve a classy and tasty vegetable soup you have made just only in your kitchen.
Will all the simple ingredients to find, affordable flavors, not much utensils to be used, and all the simple steps on making it, vegetable soup is the most favorable meals that lots of people choose to eat when it comes to the meal time. However, when you able to cook it by yourself in your kitchen and serve it for your family, it will give you more benefits that could cut your cost to buy it in any restaurant.
Simple Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can also use canola oil or sunflower oil)
- ½ chopped large onion
- 3 minced cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 chopped ribs celery
- 2 sliced and peeled carrots
- 2 cups mixed vegetables include chopped cauliflower, zucchini, or green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable broth (you can also use 8 cups water and add 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 can tomatoes
- You can also add some parmesan cheese as an optional
Simple Steps to Make Vegetable Soup
- Gather all the ingredients into the plate
- Heat oil in a large soup or stock pot.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped celery and sliced carrots
- Stir it for about 3 to 4 minutes until onions becoming soft but do not let them brown
- Add all the mixed chopped vegetables then heat for 1 to 2 minutes, but ensure it’s not getting brown.
- Add salt, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano
- Add bay leaf, vegetable broth or water mixed with bouillon cubes, and tomatoes
- Bring all the things into a boil and stir it
- Then reduce heat and simmer it for about 8 to 12 minutes until the vegetables are tender
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Remove the bay leaf and serve your homemade vegetable soup with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese as much as you desire
- The soup vegetable is ready to serve
The Facts about Vegetable Soup You Have to Know
When everyone looks for an easy meal packed with vegetables, the vegetable soup will be a good option to take. But did you know why the vegetables soup is becoming so popular? Check all the facts about it down below.
- The vegetable soup is easy to make and tastes delicious
- You didn’t need to provide any fancy ingredients to make it
- All the things needed to cook it is truly affordable
- All the seasonal ingredients will give you much benefits due to its nutrients
- The vegetable soup is really healthy and comforting especially for a vegetarian
- You can eat this anytime you want because it keeps well and still tastes good until the next day
- You can put the vegetable soup inside the refrigerator because it will taste better if you try it on the next day
- You can also freeze it up until one month, so you can eat this anytime you want
Soup vegetable is not only tasty, but it’s also really easy to cook. So, try to follow the steps on cooking vegetable soup we’ve provided up above.