Have you been so overwhelmed as well as the thanksgiving is about to coming up and you have nothing to be served in your dinner table? Perhaps mostly people feel it too bad, but when everything goes well with some of well-prepared thanksgiving recipes stuffing, it will be a great day ever. As long as thanksgiving approaching, here we show you some of recipe that you can make on your own easily.
As much as the Christmas, Thanksgiving also needs to be prepared well, especially the foods. With some of favorable foods that usually served in this special day, mostly people will look into corn casserole, pumpkin pie, or mashed potatoes and wish that it could be served into the table. However, it’s actually not that difficult to cook as long as you know every step that need to take on its process.
What’s Inside the Stuffing?
Generally, Thanksgiving stuffing is consisting of many kinds of food ingredients such as onions, parsley, sage, rosemary, celery, butter, bread, and broth. As long as Thanksgiving has been held, people mostly like to eat every stuffing which is cooked traditionally. Whether the stuffing is really easy to make, you also need to know about every step on making homemade stuffing especially on Thanksgiving.
How about the bread that used as an ingredients? People mostly like to use a loaf of day-old white French bread from the grocery. The texture of the stuffing will be lightly crusted on top, soft underneath, feels really rich of the buttery flavor and taste so healthy as good as it’s seasoned well from the herbs. However, it will be better if you choose dry bread because it will turn to mush.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
Here are some of main ingredients you need to be prepared before cooking any thanksgiving stuffing:
- 1 cup (mainly consists of 2 divided sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 pound day-old white French bread and try to diced and dried it into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 extra-large (consists about 2 1/2 cups) sweet Vidalia or yellow onion which is diced into small shape
- 1 1/2 diced cups celery
- 2/3 finely minced cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 finely minced cup fresh sage leaves
- 3 discarded and finely minced tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 discarded and finely minced tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 1/2 divided cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
Simple Steps to Cook a Thanksgiving Stuffing
After you prepared all the ingredients, it’s time to cook the whole things you’ve got. Follow these directions step by step:
- Begin with heat the oven to 250 F
- Put some of cubed bread into the oven and stir occasionally until it becomes dry, it may take about 45 minutes
- Due to the bread that can mush sometimes, you need to use a dry bread on this thanksgiving recipes stuffing
- As a simple tips to save your time, just bake and dry out the bread at night before until the morning you begin to made the stuffing
- Begin to make the stuffing by put the whole dry bread to a very large bowl and try to set aside
- Continue with add 3/4 cup butter then heat over medium-high heat until it’s melted
- Then try to put some ingredients include onions and celery then cook until vegetable turning soft and becomes lightly brown, it may take about 10 minutes
- Then stir it frequently by moving the vegetables into the bowl that has consisted of bread
- Try to put some parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1 1/4 cups chicken broth then blend it and set aside.
- Make sure you do salt to taste as long as the saltiness level of low-sodium chicken broth varies and depends on personal preferences
- Try to put a remaining 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, 2 eggs, whisk into the bowl, then try to mix it
- Then turn mixture out into prepared baking dish
- Uncover and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, until it turning golden browned
- Then serve it as long as it’s warm
Thanksgiving recipes stuffing are the most important thing that needed to be well prepared particularly when it comes to the Thanksgiving. Try to follow those whole steps to make your own stuffing in easier way.