Talking about sweet potato, it may become one of the famous dishes that everyone always served when thanksgiving is about coming up. Mostly people feeling so stressed to make it by their own, but it’s actually not that difficult if they know the whole steps they need to do in each step on its process. Well, here we show you simple thanksgiving recipes sweet potatoes you can easily do in your kitchen.
Commonly a sweet potato is topped with a layer or sweeter marshmallows. Sometimes it also comes with candied pecans. While there are so much different ways to serve it, sweet potatoes recipe is the most favorable things to look for as much as it’s served to the thanksgiving dinner table for your family.
Why People Loves to Eat Potato Sweet Potato on Thanksgiving?
It isn’t surprising that sweet potatoes will always bring a favorable taste of dessert to the dinner table, especially when it comes to the thanksgiving. But you may wonder how could it be? It’s because sweet potatoes will give you a sweet taste that will be loved by anyone who wants to taste it. Due to the many ways to serve this kind of dishes, you can try each recipe from the traditional taste to the modern one.
People may say that sweet potato isn’t the main dish, but it’s always coming to the thanksgiving table. It’s just because the sweet potato looks so colorful and desirable to eat. Furthermore, when it comes to the thanksgiving, it will become more special with a lot of seasonal addition into it. People mostly love to use this dish in creamy pies, savory salads, or even hearty soups with also casseroles put as a topping.
Baked Sweet Potato ingredients
Here all the simple ingredients you need to prepared before cooking a baked sweet potato:
- 4 pounds peeled and cut red-skinned sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
The Steps on Cooking Sweet Potato
- Begin with heating oven up 375°F
- Then arrange potatoes in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish
- Try to add some sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger
- Remember to put the whole things while it’s heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
- Then bring it to boil and stirring until sugar dissolves
- Make sure you also pour over potatoes then toss to coat.
- Continue with cover dish tightly with foil
- The next step is about baking potatoes for about 50 minutes
- Then uncover it and continue with baking them until potatoes are tender for about 20 minutes
- Then continuing with increase the oven temperature to 500°F.
- Add the potatoes with marshmallows and nuts to make it looks greater
- Continue with returning to oven then bake until marshmallows melting down and nuts begin turning brown, it may needs to be cooked for about 3 minutes
Things You Need to Consider While Cooking Sweet Potato
1. Making Your Own Casserole
Don’t you know that you can easily make your own casserole? Begin with swapping maple syrup for the brown sugar. If you don’t like to eat sweet potatoes with pecans, you can try to take off the pecans between the sweet potatoes. Moreover, a little pinch of cayenne will also make these thanksgiving recipes sweet potatoes will look greater and even more unique.
2. Bake Them Whole
The sweet potatoes mostly need to be baked as long as it needs. It’s really important because it will eliminate the prep work of peeling, chopping, boiling, and draining for tender potatoes. It may take for about less than an hour in the oven. Moreover, taking this step will make your sweet potatoes totally easy to mash.
Though there are many thanksgiving recipes sweet potatoes you might find easily on the internet, but you still have to choose it wisely. If you want to perfectly serve sweet potato that may become a favorite meal for your family on thanksgiving, try this recipe we have prepared for you up above and serve a good meal on your dining table.